Saturday, November 25, 2006

NaNoWriMo 2006 Winner

I'm a winner *blush* awww, shucks. Ain't that little ribbon added to my Brain icon cute? And gold stars on my NanoIcon. Ooooh...ahhhh.

So even though it looks like I stopped writing for 3 days, it was only one day. I just didn't upload a word count for 3 days--and no, I didn't write 6000 words in a day--well, I did on Nov 2nd but that was just exuberance out of the gate :)


I'm still tweaking around with the last 6k-8k I've written but my current word count (verified) is 62,230 and I might or might not bother to upload anymore since I am now "purple-barred and banner-laced" on the NaNoWriMo site. I'm also listed under the winners' page for Romance genre.

Yeah, I went ahead and logged this in as Romance genre, though it's definitely mainstream Romantic Suspense (or Chiller-Suspense, at times).

So this was new and fun and interesting. What's next? Oh yeah, I need to finish this book first *grin* I'm still thinking the end count will be in the 110-120k range but my NanoBot predictors are all saying I'll hit only 77k by the end of November. Ah well.

They're probably right. I doubt I'll finish it in December either if I don't get myself gainfully employed RSN. Real life is too distracting to keep writing (or writing well). But this was a fun and inspiring distraction for the month of November. Happy birthday to me (DOB 7 Nov). Good present to have given myself. Oh, and I got this nifty keen PDF certificate, too! Woo-hoo! *groan*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home