Sunday, December 03, 2006

March of the Toy Soldiers

So I have begun this year's Christmas Cookie Marathon. A little late this year. Usually, I begin over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, but I was still messin' around with NaNoWriMo back then.

I'm also not baking for the St. Labre Indian School (for which I started baking back in 1985) or even my relatives this year. Instead, I decided just to bake for the troops overseas who are protecting my freedom. Without them, I couldn't sit back here and bake cookies at all, could I? Could you?

Think about it this holiday season. There are lots of ways to give. If you don't bake, maybe buy a yummy America's Heroes (Reconnaissance Marines) 2007 Calendar. Not only will any woman to whom you give it thank you every month of the next year, but 100% of the proceeds go to help those heroes and their families who've sacrified a life, limb or part of themselves for your freedom and safety. Buy one for every woman you know! You can even write off the cost as a tax-deductible donation to a non-profit charity!! It's a win-win.

If you don't like the idea of supporting a beefcake calendar that helps men and women who've fallen in the line of duty (I have to ask, Why not?) you can give in other ways.

Donate books to Operation Paperback--hey, you wanted to clean out the attic, garage and basement anyway to make space for next year's clutter, right? Or sponsor a ready-made "Shoebox CARE package" or just help the Military Moms do what they do best. There are lots of options. Give time, effort or money this holiday season - to help protect your freedom, liberty and safety tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home