Sunday, October 29, 2006

I Must Be Going Crazy...this is FUN!!

I am actually psyched to have gotten a hold of a list of US Army Field Manuals (FMs) on a wide variety of subjects that I figure, "Oh, this kinda info would come in handy." I mean, do you know anyone who has actually served in the US Army who likes to read FMs? Maybe they like paper cuts, too!

But the way I look at it, I guess, is that at least if I'm immersed in reading this Guaranteed-to-Dull-Even-the-Sharpest-Brain material, then I can't be cheating on NaNoWriMo Rulez and getting a head start on writing the damn story before Wednesday. I'm really chomping at the bit to write this Lacey & Rainey story. Haven't been this eager to write a new concept in several years. Good feeling.

So topics (not complete) that I've found interesting and have or will be downloading are:
  • 5-250 Explosives & Demolition (should be obvious)

  • 5-103 Survivability (Lacey's "run")

  • 9-15 EOD Service & Unit Ops (reverse-engr for ideas)

  • 20-3 Camoflage (Lacey's a sniper, remember?)

  • 20-32 Mine/Countermine (not sure, but would like to see it)

  • 21-20 Physical Fitness Training

  • 23-10 Sniper Training (I need to go to the Scout sources, too)

  • 34-1 Intelligence & Electronic Warfare (IEW) Ops (Rainey's assault on Roger)

  • 34-10-2 IEW Equipment Handbook (Rainey's assault on Roger)

  • 34-37 EAC & IEW Ops (Rainey's assault on Roger)

  • 34-40-7 Communications Jamming Handbook (Rainey's assault on Roger)

  • 90-3 Desert Operations (Lacey's "run")

  • 100-8 The Army in Multinational Ops (reverse engr for ideas)

  • 3-34.119 IED Defeat (reverse engr for ideas)

  • 5-31 Boobytraps (BETTER be obvious but this FM is no longer active :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home