Thursday, October 26, 2006

NaNoWriMo Less Than a Week To Go!!

So it's that time of year again. National Novel Writing Month (November) or NaNoWriMo (prounounced Nahh-Noh-REE-moh). I haven't ever done NaNoWriMo. I have written a first-draft of a 120K novel in 3 weeks so I suppose cranking 50K in a month ought to be do-able. I have some ideas on what I'll write--been having this assassin story clanking in my head all summer, not to mention the two leading characters chatting away everytime I lie down to go to sleep. Might be blogging my "thinking out loud" here and might not. Gotta see how it goes. I prefer to write in solitude, not in public, so blogging my thoughts while trying to be creatively productive might be counter-productive, not helpful.

One thing I am going to need to venture outside myself for, however, is more knowledge on weapons--of mass destruction and of the handgun type. Been hanging on the Bar for that (Ringo's Tavern) and this summer, when I asked about snipers and sniper rifles, I got more information than I can possibly correlate now, even with a week left in which to organize it. But I'm trying.

There's also a little forum of Barfly groupies on the NaNoWriMo site. If you're a 'fly and doing NaNoWriMo, please join us. Thanks to Jasini for setting it up.

-sry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home