Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Amusing Nano Update

To be on schedule--that is to complete 50,000 words by November 30th--the NaNoWriMo folks note one should write no less than 1667 words per day for each of the 30 days. Uh-huh.

Let's see, I started an hour and a half ago, have 1808 words and haven't even gotten to the "easy" part yet (the sex scene which immediately follows this "voyage through Rainey's head" and the intruder scene that immediately follows that--where Bob Cruze dies ;-)) [Note: Don't want to mislead anyone about the order of the scenes/snippets. In between the Rainey/Lacey sex scene and Bob Cruze's death by stabbing through his neck--thank you Taverners!--there is one other 2-part scene: Steffan and Lisa get to do a quickie in Steffan's Jag and then Steffan gets into a car accident...but he gets to die happy, at least, so it's all good. Isn't it? :)]

So am I done for the day? No. Of course not. Don't be so silly. But given that I froze--actually choked and froze up!!!--for a good 30 minutes (between 0214 and 0255, I wrote at most for 10 min--I timed it!!! maybe that was part of the problem, huh? :-))) I was getting a little concerned. No problem. I just need to REALLY crank the music and I'm good to go. Oh, and of course, the mistake was listening to trance instead of Depeche Mode. I don't know why I keep messing with a system that works. If it ain't broke....

To watch my progress "real time" just scroll down this page and look on the right hand side for the NaNoMeter after all the text links. It should be updating whenever I manually update my NaNo profile. I'll update the NaNo site profile as often as I can, at least once daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home