Friday, November 17, 2006

NaNoWriMo 2006 - I'm a "Winner" oohh...ahhhh...

So this is pretty funny, I took a break to get something to eat and just out of curiosity, checked my wordcount. Oh, lookee there! I won. {small voice}Woo-hoo.{end small voice}

Yeah, I'm not seeing it as something huge here, folks. See, I got a LOT more satisfaction out of the two days I went up and down from 49.1k to 48k back up, back down, etc. etc. until I ended up at 49.7k but was NOWHERE near where I'd started IMO.

In my read-through and editing, I did far more than "net" 600 words. I'd completely gone through the story and fixed numerous things. I'd FIXED 49,100 of the wrong words so they were now 49,700 of the right words. That's far more important, if you ask me. But I really like the little bar chart. Isn't it pretty?

So off to finish my Red Baron Pizza (Yum!) and listen in on Rainey and Tony's little chat in the Marble Den of Sybaritic Sinfulness (uhh, the master bath at the Bristol)

Oh, but wait!! There's more! And this is hilarious!! See, it's like this :) I keep whining that the NanoBots are doing funky weird (read: totally fucked) arithmetic. So right now, with my word count over the required number, they say:

NaNoWriMo Progress for -sry
Current word count: 51075 (100.00 %) with 14 days left, with current pace, expected to finish in 1 day.

hahahahahaha...is that too funny or what? Can you believe this progress report (pictured left)??? Too funny. Just too funny.

So I guess I haven't really finished if you exist in the NanoUniverse where 1 + 1 = 3.1415926 (a little joke there, my apologies to mathematicians everywhere)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home