Monday, November 13, 2006

LAW vs SMAW

I really can't decide what to do about this. Got inputs from two "helpers" and incorporated it "messily" into the dialog and then got corrected and then got dissatisfied. Artistically.

There's no way, no how that Lacey would pick up and walk off with a SMAW. It's too big, too bulky, too cumbersome to just stick under coat or something. Then again, the LAW is a one-up deal and she wouldn't waste her time on it either. Reuse or don't bother. Then there's the M203 that Strategy Page advises is the best of all worlds--and reusable. Not so sure I agree, since the M203 ain't gonna go piercing any tanks, right? Or is it? I don't think so.

So what's a girl to do? I need something small and light like the M72 LAW (66mm) doo-hickey but reusable and actually "packing" like the MK153 SMAW (83mm) doo-dad. Being that I'm an Israeli-American, I suppose I ought to do some homage to my Israeli half and consider the B300 (not that Wiki is the place to look for these things, but it was a page with a picture...oooooh, purty pictures...shiny grenades....ahhhhh) Yeah, gettin' punchy here today.

Need rocket launchers, need f/x prosthetics, need to move a whole frickin' island AND name it, need to do too much for this little story.

But I'm having fun. Right? I am having fun, aren't I? Hmmm.... let me think on that a sec. NaNoWriMo sucks. NoNo time for luxuries like research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home