Tuesday, November 14, 2006

NaNoWriMo - Day 14

Updated at 0915 Added another 750 or so words to Snippet #19 that are just too precious...If you'd already read Snippet #19, you'll want to re-read it because there's another screen or two of good humor there now. New segment at the end told in newly-Tuckerized voice of Barfly Ed Stalker. See also related post (Quotable Quotes From Lacey / Rainey Story)


John Hardesty - bang, you're dead :-) Merci, monsieur! Yes, Snippet #19 has gone down the Snippet Hole and my word count is at 43,500 words with its completion. I'm torn between continuing with Lacey vs. switching back to Rainey's POV. I actually miss the foul-mouthed sonnovabitch, can you believe it? Let's see what happens.

Oh, and the next redshirt/Tuckerization on the "first come, first serve" list are Jason Parnell Long and Brent Michael Roeder, both of whom were mentioned by name two or three snippets ago (Rainey told Lacey they'd been sent off w/Lisa to deal with Roger, remember?) They'll die soon, but not sure where/when to insert that scene or in whose POV to tell it, probably in Roger's so it won't be the next snippet I write. Sorry for the delay in your demise, fellas :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

43500/50000=87%

You're nearly done. Go Sarah! >0<

Tue Nov 14, 05:18:00 AM CST  
Blogger -sry said...

No, no, nearly HALF done. The book at complete will be between 110,000 and 120,000 words.

The NaNoWriMo "goal" of 50,000 words still baffles me. Why bother writing only half a book when you could be trying to write a whole one?

But then, as you see, I'm not finding it hard to reach 50k before Nov 30th. Many people cannot reach 25k in the month-long effort. Most people have a "life" getting in the way--my life is my writing. At least for November *grin*

My life for you, my Art, my life for you.

-sry

Tue Nov 14, 07:40:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home